Project Full Circle:Ninja 650 gets a makeover
View Single Post
12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Turning expensive metal into scrap
Did some work on the subframe, mostly small tube work and a few gussets.
Bent and welded a cradle for the rotopax. I also bought a Rotopax mount but I figured this would be more secure and will mount to the back of the pannier hoops that I have yet to build. I bought the rotopax that was close to the size of the Wolfman saddlebags so it will tuck in right behind. I figure it will be about the same width as the exhaust on the right side. It's 5052 0.080" aluminum I bent, cut the 45 degree miters and welded. I'll secure the tank with an Ancra cam buckle.
Sent the CAD drawing to my waterjet guy and dropped off the 3/16" plate I got from my buddy free as a drop. Should have them back next week and can tack them in pace to drop the shock in.
We're not out here to rough it. We're here to smooth it . Things are rough enough in town.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by sailah