View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #68
O'B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
Happy trails is in Boise, Idaho.

If you are still in San Diego, I would talk to the Dual sport club you were dealing with or Eagle Mike about your shock and get their advice about what direction to go on it.

But, you have come this far on the stock shock, if you are happy with it you can always just continue on till it needs service.
Stock shocks are cheap too,as long as you can get one mailed to you wherever you are, or aquire one locally.

Also, understand that any after market shock is going to need service and develope seal leaks also, sometimes sooner than a stock shock.
When you get to Central America and south the roads can be pretty rough in places. In Mexico the roads are usually pretty good if you stay on the main highways, I do not know your route but you will come upon a lot of topes (Speed Bumps) and I mean alot. They sometimes come out of nowhere. It is a lot easier to get what you need or done here in the US and cheaper too. Labor is cheaper but parts are a lot more expensive. At the least get a heavier spring with your load i don't think you are going to have to worry about excessive pogo effect.
O'B is offline   Reply With Quote