View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #1111
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
It got dark and I rode through the night down the coast road through Quepos and Dominical. This road was dirt the last time I came through here. Now it is a smooth paved highway. The rickety one lane bridges have all been upgraded and I was surprised how quickly I made my way to Rancho DiAndrew just this side of Uvita.

I arrived just before a wedding party of 23. Good thing I did too. The bus driver didn't want to come up the hill, so Drew and I hopped in his Landcruiser pickup and went down the hill to ferry the 23 people and all their luggage up to the houses and cabins that they had rented through New Year's.

These people had been riding on this bus for 11 hours all the way from the wedding over in Puerto Viejo on the other side of the country. Some luggage had fallen off the bus and they had sick people barfing. It was quite remarkable that the whole entourage had handled the ordeal so calmly. It was a Frenchman who had married a Mexican. So the entourage included French and Mexican family members along with the bride and groom. They are an amazing group.

So I offered to stay a couple days and help Drew with this group. His only other help is his mother. You can't believe how much luggage this group has. We piled the landcruiser bed high with heavy suitcases. Maybe 40 in all. Drew was glad that I rode up tonight at 9.

We just got through shuttling all the people to the various houses around the valley along with their luggage. Finished at 2AM.

Too dark for pictures tonight. More tomorrow.

Today I spent 10,500 colones on food and gas. Around $21.00.

Buenos noches mis amigos de aventura,
Juan Rica