Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #5992
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
M10, Day 9: Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012

I guess what I remember most about this day is how disappointed and frustrated I was with the routing. I spent so much time, and had such high hopes, and we had to skip so much. But when I looked back at the photos, it didn't look like we were suffering too badly. Yeah there was some pavement, and another flat tire, and lots of backtracking, but from where I sit in NYC where it's a cold and blustery morning, it looks like we had a pretty good day. My impression at the time was definitely influenced by how awesome the prior day's ride was. Anyway, onward:

Today's route would take us from the Bighorn NF, southeast through Ten Sleep, WY, across I-25, and attempt to traverse an area that seemed promising on paper, but turned out to be all sectioned off with oil, mining, and ranching interests. We'd end the day at Casper, WY.

The morning started well enough. Despite the altitude, it wasn't too cold, and we had wheels rolling without any delays.

Bit dusty is all.

But still pretty sweet riding.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote