View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Boondox OP
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,814
Okay guys, thanks. This is what I have...

34 across the river, pick up 66. It looks like this is well south of the congestion of Omaha and Bellevue which works for me especially since my timeline for that day had me reaching the area around 5pm - just in time for rush hour!

Zig up to 92 and continue west picking up 2 several miles past St Paul. Check things out at the visitor center in Broken Bow. Continue to 87, north to Brownlee Road. Camp in Sam McKelvie NF. Press on along State Spur 16F to 20. Then on to the Badlands.

I hear you about the endless horizons. I never really thought about it till we were riding through northern Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana two years ago. I could see forever, unlike Vermont where you can only see across the valley to the next mountain. It was very different...
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote