View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #77
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,416
03-06 KTM RFS 450-525 Plated~$3000

Saturday night special (Monster, Aprilia, Airhead etc) $5000

03-06 KTM 950 ~well, you've got $7000 left to spend...

Don't forget to budget for decent gear. This includes a nice pair of dirt boots, pants, helmet, jacket, gloves. If you ride a lot of dirt you're probably going to have an entire suit for dirt with a dedicated helmet, goggles, impact suit, knee pads etc.

Of course I have none of those bikes now, but at one point I had all of them. Only one I really regret selling was the KTM 950 GO!!!. The Monster 900 was also a blast, especially if you like V Twins and for that matter the 950 with pipes sounds pretty sweet too.

Reality is I would NOT recommend you go out and spend that kind of coin. I would keep the Harley because you like it. I would go buy a plated thumper and start doing some rides with your buddies in the dirt. You'll really learn a lot about bike control, braking etc in that first year to where you'll be more confident on a big bike in the dirt. I went the opposite, bought a big bike and took it to the dirt. Now I only ride dirt on my dirt bike other than dirt roads. More fun that way and the little thumper is much easier to pick up and shit doesn't break.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote