View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #283
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
I've been slogging through all the threads mentioning the Klim Badlands jacket, and saw that you bought one. I am very seriously considering buying one of these jackets, and was wondering if you would be willing to share what you think about the jacket.

How's it holding up? Comfort?

Also, I've heard that it's pretty heavy — hence the kidney belt — how heavy is it?

Any thoughts / impressions / suggestions / rants would be appreciated before I drop $900 on a jacket.
Sorry I missed the post, not sure what happened

Bought mine in the beginning of June this year.

I don't know if I can add much to what has already been said, but here's my 2 cents...

I really like this jacket! The weight disappears when you put it on, very well balanced. You will find that it's the armour that adds the weight, the kidney belt helps keep everything in place.

The water proof guarantee is fantastic. Warm with the right layers, not super hot in the summer. It's my only jacket all year long.

The only thing that I should email Klim about is this: the collar could use a second velcro tab on the outside and get rid of the two inside tabs that are a bit scratchy till they wear in or you get used to it. A way to integrate a water pack would be great. But it's not horrible with a Greigerrig RIG 500.

I would buy this jacket again in a heartbeat, no question!!
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote