Thread: On my bike 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
fraser2312 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
July brought me two weeks off work. I had been planning a tour around Europe and couldn't wait.

Here's the setup.

I was heading for Folkstone to catch the train. Rather than do the full journey in one go, as I done the year before, I decided to stop at Lancaster with some family. I headed from Falkirk following the M80/M74/M6 until Carlisle where I took to the Lake District.

Poor Cat.

The next day was I was heading for Folkstone. I was going to visit the National Memorial Arboretum on the way south, it wasn't far from the motorway and would help break up the journey.

I had lunch here then hit the road. This was going to be a slog with mile after mile of motorway, I just buried my head and got on with it. Later that day I checked in to a campsite I had prebooked just outside Folkstone.

The next morning I was on the train.

Thirty minutes later I was in France and heading for Germany. I rode throught Belguim, passed Spa racetrack where I briefly watched some racing then I arrived at my first stop for the night.

This was one of the best campsites I have ever stayed at, so modern and clean and it was only thirty minutes or so from the Nurburgring. I booked in for two nights, next day I headed for the ring minus luggage.

I took a walk around the visitor centre then watched some racing.

Back at the campsite there was some sort of party going on in the village.

The next morning I awoke to blue skies. Three German guys on three BMWs arrived the previous night and setup next to me.

Today I was heading for Baden-Baden, nothing particularly interesting happened that day, just a bit of Autobahn .

The following day I am heading for Konstanz via the senic B500.

Stopping for a break

I found a campsite early afternoon, it was scorching, I pitched my tent then worked on my tan .

The next day was going to be a long one, I was heading for Italy via Switzerland then the Stelvio Pass.

Taking a break.

I had my GoPro with me, heres a few shot from the road.

Lots of hairpins.

This next one made it into Ride magazine.

Stelvio Pass

I found a little campsite later that evening, the the following day it was off to Lake Como.

Pizza anyone?

fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote