View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #181
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
While I agree with most everything said about R.D.I feel he rides at his own comfort level,and can go faster when needed,although it may be out of his zone.He can't control what others do,I believe Carmichael won some races/championships due to injuries suffered by McGrath,Stewart,Reed?Its all about surviving the Supercross season healthy enough to be ready for the REAL motocross season,Outdoors!
And all of Reed's championships have been while the top competition have been out as well. Reed never won a championship when Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, or Dungey went the distance. Last man standing. But people seem to wear rose colored glasses for their favorites. His competition in '09 MX nationals was Short and Ivan Tedesco. '08 and '04 SX was Kevin Windham. That sums up Reed's championships.

I think Dungey has been pretty damn impressive with some pretty deep fields, and take away 3 mechanicals which were no fault of his own, he has 2 more championships to his name against Villopoto. And Dungey's still a relative youngster, while Reed is now a seasoned veteran. Woulda coulda shoulda, but that's the truth.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F

nobrakes screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 10:19 AM
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote