View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #183
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
While I agree with most everything said about R.D.I feel he rides at his own comfort level,and can go faster when needed,although it may be out of his zone.He can't control what others do,I believe Carmichael won some races/championships due to injuries suffered by McGrath,Stewart,Reed?Its all about surviving the Supercross season healthy enough to be ready for the REAL motocross season,Outdoors!
I saw a video interview the other day with Bob Hannah. He talked about how, in his racing days, he was the type of the rider who would ride 100% and on the edge every race, even if he didn't need to. He wondered if his career would have been longer if he would have dialed it back occasionally and rode just hard enough to win, and nothing more. I think that's what Dungey does... he pushes it just enough to win, or atleast get on the podium. Meanwhile riders like James Stewart are riding past their limits all the time, and crashing out, sometimes even getting injured. Dungey may be boring to watch sometimes, but he knows what he's doing and just rides hard enough to get on the box.

GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote