Still waiting on wheels to figure out lower leg support, so I do what still needs done...
I-beam cut to desired length with a port-a-band. Ends dressed up with the grinder. This weighs right around 140 lbs if my math is right. The whole I-beam gets the rust knocked down with a 40 grit flap wheel, then I use Pre-Kleeno to wipe off all the crud. This old beam was pretty grungy.
Then I brush on some more enamel. I'm liking this paint so far. I've only used about an inch out of a quart can.
Young guys, don't get old. This is what you can look forward to. Being excited about a fresh painted I-beam.
I'll be playing in the toilet before long.
The next time a buddy tells me about a vintage bike restoration, or a cool car rebuild, I'll just say "this one time I restored an I-BEAM! Ooooooooooh!"