View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #497
benthic OP
glutton 4 punishment

Oddometer: 393
happy holidays

Hi all! With my office closed from Dec. 24 to Jan. 1, i had grand visions of productivity. So of course i got sick the Saturday before Xmas:( and sadly i'm still sick. BUT! i had a few spurts of activity, not all of it good, but i couldn't lie on the couch the entire holiday.

i finished moving my turn signals to the new bracket i made

and I turned an empty acetone can into a housing for the wiring and run/brake/turn modual (it is actually prettier now, this was a prototype)

then i started some paint since the weather was not to bad. disclaimer - I don't like the paint scheme. it was an idea that didn't work out, but i gave it a shot. also, i learned a lot about painting (which i don't have any experience in), so I'm much better prepared for the next time i give it a whirl... or i'll just pay someone;)

then i put some rubber on the bottom of the seat pan where it rests on the frame and subframe

and messed with the foam i got from Jim's Auto Upholstery (yellow) and some of the softer foam from JoAnn Fabric (green)

a bit of gaffer tape later and I have a temporary seat:)

then i polished up some aluminum disks for side covers

despite still being sick i wanted to take the bike out and ride around my neighborhood, but of course, it started to pour rain. sigh. can't win this week.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season, and have a wonderful New Year!

Spencer
www.blindfishz.com
benthic is offline   Reply With Quote