View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #793
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
I'll put my vote in...

If Doyle drafts his (per usual) OFFICIAL DAKAR race coverage thead prelude (complete with his inimitable pre-rally intoduction, ADV spin and all pertinent links, tips and the like ) then someone on the f5 mod team can lock it (& sticky it) until the 5th (official start day) so that all the forum inmates can familiarize and peruse the info at their leisure (meanwhile all the pre-rally guff on scrutineering/tech inspection, last minute freight delays and unsubstantiated rumours can continue unadulterated here in the "Pre-Event discussion thread").

This year we have got more mods on this thing than a Bultaco rallybike (most of them are old, blow smoke... and bits fall off now and then ), but the "powers that be" that live behind the green curtain down in the basement have allocated buttons and probationary privelliges that will enable the f5 effort for the 2013 virtual DAKAR festival to be - what we hope - will be the best ever...!!!

f5 DAKAR roll on...

Does this mean you are staying in the land of darkness and cold as opposed the actual and not virtual Dakar?
I presume you have an extra couple of fingers grafted on for the the next 2 weeks or so