View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #1001
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffygs View Post
Just to be sure! the sena smh10 only handles 4 headset connections so four single bikes or 2 bikes with passengers, each with a headset. Seems like not a problem until you have 5 bikers each with a sena then one somewhere is not included in all communications. Its all ok if thats the facts. I guess if 5 riders then 4 connected, then the last one connected to the first 4 but not the first. Will this all work or will the bluetooth decide who is closest and make changes automatic
See how my brain works
Four headsets can be paired together and can talk 1-to-1, or you and two friends can be in a 3-way conference, so long as you are within range of your two friends. In a three-way you are the 'hub' and your two friends are the 'spokes'. OK, so far?

A four-way conference is a bit different. Let's say you are A, and your friends are B and C. A connects to B, B connects to C. For the 4th person 'D' to join in, they will connect to (and must be previously paired to) C. So, the signal is repeated from A to B to C to D.

Now, let's take rider 'E' for example. Rider E can be previously paired to C. If rider D goes out of range, and rider E comes within range of rider C, then rider E can join in the conference. But the 5th person is the odd man out.

The Scala Rider G9 can also do a 4 way conference, but can pair 9 total headsets for 1-to-1 communication, Sena can do 4 total for 1-to-1. The Interphone F5 can have a 6-way conference, in the A-B-C-D-E-F configuration, like the Sena's repeater-mode 4-way. We have the G9's and F5's as well as the Sena's.

For Sena SMH10, I look at it this way, two bikes, each with rider and passenger, this all works great. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing. The best way, IMO is to use the SR10 2-way radio hub along with the headset, and FRS/GMRS radios. This way you can have as many people was you want all on the same radio frequency, and everyone can be a part of the action. Plus, the SR10 works with non-Sena headsets, so that eliminates the issues of everyone having to have the same brand of headsets.

Now, the big question is **Am I making sense, here?**
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote