View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #642
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Hacienda Guachala

I have to show you around this great Hacienda.

I tried to explain to Angele what this place was like and couldn't think of what to compare it to. Franki said it is like living in a Museum of a working Hacienda and that describes it very well. It is luxury compared to the kind of affordable places we normally stay, and even this place is not expensive at about $30/night each.

The view from my room

Nice flowers outside my door

Llamas

Horses

A goose that was determined to show Franki and I he wasn't afraid of us

This place dates back to the 1500's

We went for a ride on their riding trail this morning. I crashed trying to get over a big berm up to the road. Franki had stopped and was just getting off his bike to check it out when I went flying up the steep trail only to discover a big ditch at the top. We were both laughing so hard we forgot to take a picture. When we finally made it to the top. We had this great backdrop for a photo.

Franki

It was cool this morning, we are so high in the mountains so I had a fire in my room

Check out the snow capped mountains in the distance. It's cold up here

My friend Boris, who rode through Panama with me is joining up with us today and there may be a couple others. Steve rode on to Quito to meet his wife, who flies in tomorrow. They are going to tour Ecuador, two up for a month before he continues south. I really enjoyed his company.

We are in a great spot for a New Years Eve Party at the Middle of the World.

Happy New Year everyone!

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 12:20 PM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote