View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #201
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Dec 23 Dec 28 Cali La Feria de Cali

Some pretty big festivals going on in this season. Kedgi and I decided to go downtown to take in an annual event in Cali, La Feria de Cali. Traditionaly, December 26 was the only day of the year people were allowed to ride their horses in the streets of Cali. In the past it got a little out of hand so they now restrict it to one area of downtown. There were thousands of horses from all over parading through the whole time we were there and Im guessing there were a hundred thousand people having a good time.

It was hard getting close enough to see the horses so, here is one horse pic and some random shots of the people of Cali having a good time.

Spray foam is a very active part of the celebrations

It seems to be popular for individuals with, umm, enhancements to dance around, stop traffic while passing the hat. This Dude was at least 6' 6"

Guy and his dogs

A cool old Triumph

This one's for Albert - I know he likes hats . . .

Some of the vendors - here is some more traditional Colombian hats

You see these vendors everywhere. Sell cell phone calls by the minute. Usually the phones they have are tethered by a 6' chain so they don't disappear.

Mangos

Guy making toffee of some sort. At first I thought he was making hats

These kids had a little game going. Bet on which little hut one of the Guinea Pigs would go into first and win. I'd bet they made pretty good money.

Selling pop and beer. Dozens of people would go down to the store and buy a dozen beer, stick them in a bucket or a little ice chest with some big blocks of ice and wander around selling cold beer.

This guy was a real character.
My camera battery ran out or there would have been more.

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America

RexBuck screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 11:07 PM Reason: Forgot the clip
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote