View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Bob OP
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,447
1150GS Clutch Pushrod

I rode my GS for the first time after being gone for the summer for about 20 miles. There was a strong gear oil smell??
No sign of leaks anywhere? I pulled the starter (to look at clutch) and no sign of leak but definite smell. I pulled the slave and saw the sign of sludge in the cavity behind slave.
I ordered a new slave, seal and felt for shaft. Parts arrived and I cleaned up the area to get started,I was going to remove the clutch shaft to get to the seal.I figured the felt might cause drag on removal or oil residue was making it difficult to grab and pull the rod? I got out the needle nose vicegrip and tried to grab the shaft (not area of shaft that enters slave) but it doesn't want to come out??
I read a bunch of threads on clutch and slave replacement but don't see much on this specific issue.
What am I missing?
Also I have seen in the posts about either cutting the new gasket or drilling a weep hole, seems like cutting the gasket would be the easiest and I didn't find anything on anyone actually drilling the hole?
Thanks
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote