View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #75
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-s-hsky View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

Golly.........what's not to LOVE about this guy?

I even own one of those Motofizz bags just like you do. Maybe I'll finally start using it.....if I can only find an unnecessary road sign in some Stupid place.

Rest assured BigDog, I'm a thinking things thru. Started polishing my Samsonite already...

RED ALERT: I found something I didn't like.

That there hose clamp to the left of the oil drain bolt (for the frame reservoir) has a sharp edge rubbing against the plastic radiator overflow container.

Not good….not good at all. I simply took the clamp apart and flipped it around as you can see here.

Potential issue resolved. You might better go check yours to see if it is rubbing the catch-tank like mine was.

AND something else. This here crank-locking bolt (beneath the oil filter housing) was a little bit loose on my engine. It was leaking a little oil around it. I was able to tighten the bolt firmly and stop the mess. You might better go check yours to see if it is weeping like mine was.

By the way, this is a very cool thing I like about BMW motors…..a crank lock. Great thing to have when you are checking valves and making clearance adjustments. Sure help keep your engine locked on the timing mark. You just need to find you one of them "official" all-thread lock-bolts specifically designed for the purpose. Well, if you do your own maintenance work that is.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote