View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #1803
Farmboi
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Still working on getting through all the posts but I've read many of them. I'm a total noob to motorcycles, getting in it to keep up with my 15 yr old son. For a first time bike I'm trying to decide between this and the wr250r. I'm 5"11 175lbs so I don't think I have to have a smallerish bike. I will do off road with my son who has a 2 stroke 125 and then I want to commute to work, 10 miles, no highway. For me, I think either bike will work, though the wr250r may be better off road when I improve as a rider. I think it's coming done to cost of these new. Nothing used in my area. I've looked at both manuals and the wr250r seems to have a longer maintenance schedule especially on the valves. Am I reading that right? Seems to the crf250l has a valve check at 600 miles then every 8k, as well as other maintenance where as the wr is valves at 24k, but reg maintenance is every 6k. Im no mechanic so this translates to direct costs, will try to learn many thanks to posts here but are there any thoughts on what this maintenance translates to for the two bikes? Or does it still just come down to preference?
Farmboi is offline   Reply With Quote