View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
ericGSsti OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
In the Market for a KTM finally.

Lads I'm finally in the market for a KTM.

When I started saving it was for the purpose of buying a 950 adventure as I saw this as a good step up from the Africa Twin. I wanted light with a good fuel range and good off road for when I wanted to test myself.

Trouble is since I started looking other models have caught my eye and I'm looking for advice on my purchase now so I don't regret it. I know very little about these models really.

I went to look at an MY07 KTM 990 with 20,000 km the other day. Looks spotless and I could have it by Febuary with a bit more saving as it's more then a 950 obviously but I was on a rally with a lad that had a 990 adventure R and I see this as the one to have but it would mean more saving until around May/June and then I'd have to wait for one to become available here. Is the R model worth the wait in your opinion?

Now the next two model that showed themselves where linked to Noah's 690 enduro and the lad that now owns it.

First is his old bike that he's selling. It's a weight reduced 640 adventure with excel rims and high front mud guard. Nice but a bit dated looking. If it was a better bike I would concider it though.

The last in the mix is the 690 enduro with Rally Raid fairings and tanks.
This would mine a lot more saving though.

If it was you what would you go for?
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
ericGSsti is offline   Reply With Quote