View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #131
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Toad, good to see that you are settled in a warm and dry spot for now. I just cranked up my big girl (31F) to see if the cold made any difference...none at all, she fired up on the first try. You mentioned having heated grips, are yours the OEM ones or aftermarket? I just installed the Moto Guzzi grips but have not tested them on a chilly ride.

Now to get ready for the local New Year's Eve activities.

Peter Y.
Peter,
As some have mentioned I may have a failing battery. I am becoming more and more centered towards that as I pulled all the leads and reconnected with diaelectric compound. And a 42 degree start was not good. I have mentioned that the bike was reading 12.5 and 12.4 after sitting for a day. The charge is great, up over 14.2 so I know the stator is good. It has slipped my mind what the voltage readout was when new but could it have been in the upper 12s or even 13? What doesyours read?
And does anyone know a battery number for a Walmart battery? There's one close by.
Plus it is time for a service and I was wondering if anyone has the scoop on the MG dealer in Tuscon. 80 kilometers (yes, you heard me, kilometers) from here.