View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #79
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,628
Agree.....the other general topic Terra Thread is a better place to gain input on your question, chrispan. There is a multitude of endless bike comparisons over there....largely dominated by people who have not ridden a Terra yet. That's somewhat understandable, since the Terra is so new to the market. I simply encourage you to get a ride on one....soon.

We'll try to keep this Thread focused on specific questions and issues related to actual Terra owners. Maybe I should issue diplomas for people that graduate to this level.

I will share my advice regarding your question: It's the Rider, not the Bike!

I know people that can ride a 500lb F800GS thru places that others can't make it on a KTM 200exc. Rider skill, confidence, & experience are 75% of the equation, if not more. So, if I tell you that I can ride my Terra anywhere a DRZ can go, it doesn't necessarily mean you can....or that it's the best bike for you. I don't have a skid plate yet, so I haven't fully tested its offload capability. But, I can say the stability, handling, and motor characteristics all seem very favorable for having a good go of it "out there". Time will tell...

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is online now   Reply With Quote