View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #4343
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Road Less Traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Being on the road has certainly made it clear that being kind and helping others (strangers or friends) makes a huge difference and all it takes is a little bit of action toward helping vs just doing your own thing. Was raised with this value but having been helped along in my journey by others is humbling but serves as a very important lesson to "just do it".
I am very envious of what and where you've traveled thus far. However for me, I must keep in mind where true paradise exists..................between our ears. It's a state of mind. Kindness and being grateful for both the good and bad things in our lives allows for us to reach our full potential as human beings.

Ironically, you're above mentioned philosophy mirrors concepts in a book by Scott Peck called the Road Less Traveled. And here you are, certainly taking a "road less traveled" to reinforce your "values" taught to you in your youth.

Mark, you truly sound like a wise man, and I enjoy this RR for both it's view of the world and life. Happy New Year my friend!!!! :-)
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote