View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #236
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
maybe not. when a sport as young as motocross evolves those who came later benefit from the progress. most riders in the 70's wouldn't even think of jumping the way todays mini riders do. the sport has changed which has changed the skillsets that develop. I don't mean to minimize RC's achievements I just don't think anyone can bear the title of greatest of all time and if there is someone in my opinion it isn't him it's DeCoster but I'm assuming he would decline that honor. Charmichael never went and rode in europe he might be the greatest US motocross rider but US should be added to his acronym. GUSMXROAT? I'd like to know how he would have done with some of the GNCC guys of his time if he had lined up with those boys, or baja. To me the mark he made was too narrow to have such a sweeping title. GOAT? Dick Mann won at MX, dirt track, road racing and god knows what else. I could live with him being GOAT.
You still have to twist the throttle.

If i'm wrong i'm sure i'll be corrected but I believe when Ricky was dubbed the GOAT riders from other era's were considered and no other rider dominated like Carmicheal past or present.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv
natedog39 is online now   Reply With Quote