View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #173
Hewby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
I ride through the mountains with the knowledge of multiple crashes in my inbox. Many fellow adv riders seem to have crashed over the last little bit. A fellow adventurer in Mexico came off her bike in a high speed crash and thinks while her body is recovering in her mind she can not get back on again, so looks to continue on two up with her husband.

A guy in el Salvador goes down in an intersection and into surgery with compound fractures This is what I fear. Falling off. I get nervous. I just want to make this boat without falling.

P1020097

Winding down through the hills, I turn back onto the Pan American. Its straight and uninspiring, and for the first time ever I see its filled with police with speed traps everywhere. Multitudes of golden arches lined the road and American chains set up everywhere.

On dusk looking for a place to rest I pulled into a restaurant to ask directions to a camp ground or similar. I met a group of Canadians who stated they knew a place I could camp in a local rv place with a pool, and invited me for dinner with them before they take me there. A very pleasant way to spend the evening.

Hewby screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 11:26 AM
Hewby is offline   Reply With Quote