View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Bob OP
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,455
Yes smelled of gear oil in bell housing, You can sorta see the front of trans and input shaft seal, no leak there or anywhere else that you can see from the starter access.

I pulled the seal last night, it was hard to get the drill positioned to get the hole in seal. I used a smaller bit and a #6 hex head screw, puller made quick work of removal. I cleaned and greased new seal and hammered home with a socket.

I pulled the old slave and then removed the line after pulling all slack to rear, that seemed to work for me. I drained all fluid before I started, I just moved bleeder to low point and pumped lever till it was dry and then let gravity do the rest. Oh and the fluid was clear and didn't look bad, I changed it about a year ago.

I saw a post on pushrods somewhere here and they talked about 1100 rods going in from the front of trans and 1150 going in from front OR rear. Since I bought the new felt I would like to change it unless the trans needs to come out first?

Hopefully you or someone else will chime in before I button it back up.

Thanks everybody that has documented this and so many other maintenance procedures on these bikes.
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote