View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 3,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuda View Post
Not trying to hijack, but I connected this strobe from Custom LED. Wired in parallel with my rear brake light and it works whenever I apply the front or rear brakes because of the CanBus. Very simple installation. It has three wires, red, black and white. Red and black wired into the brake light circuit and white is used to program one of seven different flashing patterns (I went with the hyper-spastic quick flash).

I have had many positive comments about it and it easily mounts below the license plate on the stock GS tail. They have multiple colors but I chose red to accent the brake light.

Check it out here.
Since this wire supplies low voltage for tail, and High voltage for brake, what does you strobe do when your brake lights are not on?

What I like about the Whelen is it actually lights up dim with tail lights, then is REAL BRIGHT with brake lights.
for those of you who dont know what Whelen lights are, if you have seen those real bright lights on a police car that are like 1" x 3" they mount on the top racks? They are probably whelen lights.