View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #218
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_Mckoy View Post
Hi Mark, I salute you on your work and craftsmanship and fellow inmates on their feedback and imput I'm new here. Im very much interested in making a purchase but before I do can you provide the temperature drop with this setup.
Thanks
Hello JD,
Thank you for the compliments on my work.

I can give you some quotes from some of the inmates on the performance of the kit.

"This oil cooler works well. Before the cooler, my bike would see 225 to 240 degrees regularly, the higher temps, especially at freeway speeds of 60 to 70 mph. I have the XR'sOnly oil temperature dipstick. Riding around on Saturday, it never got above 210! Sunday was a bit cooler. A fellow inmate and I rode out to Hacienda Santa Veronica which is just south and east of Tecate, and is probably at an elevation of 4 to 5000 feet. Much colder up there. I'm guessing the high there was in the 40's. The bike never got above 200. There were even times where we were running at 55 mph and the oil temp was sitting at 175."

"Definitely keeps the temp down. After checkin several times for drips and errors I ran her pretty hard for ~ 50 mi and she pushed 200 but came right back down once I relaxed the throttle and ran at a responsible pace."

"hey mark I've had the cooler on for a few weeks now and it works great!
 Ambient air temps between 70 and 100 oil temps run 180 to 220 even riding hard or at slow speeds..."

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote