View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
gavo OP
Slacker

Oddometer: 1,778
The tracks started to tight up ,more ruts, more water, overgrown
We stop for a rest break

nearby was this camp and staying there was a forestry policeman. Amazing he's sleeping rough out in the jungle and his uniform is clean with neat creases in it

It was warming up some of the tracks were overgrown occasionally you could glimpse the track through the growth a few wrong turns and double back.
Fatigue was kicking in and David went down, again no pic but this time pain in the ribs high up just under the armpit.I asked La how much more of this terrain, he said about 40km, a decision was made to back track and take an easier road to our nights stay at Jiphat and see How David pulled up in the morning.
We stopped at the same rest spot on the way back and had some visitors this time

Lunch stop

We were back on dirt but not too rough we stopped for a pic at a scenic location and to allow David and La to catch up
He was in a lot of pain and having difficulty riding so I took his back pack as well from here

yours truly

It was getting dark and we had to make a ferry crossing to the Village

The guesthouse was Basic

And David will get me for this shot

Dinner was mainly fresh water crayfish from the river and very nice, outdoor dinning at its best

gavo screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 07:49 PM
gavo is offline   Reply With Quote