View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,511
CHH - if you check some of the Dakar pre-event you will see a bit of comment on getting into the event, which will be perhaps the biggest challenge, i.e. your rally CV - that is after getting together the $150k that it would probably cost in a few years (always costs more and never less) with full support would be pretty high on the list.

Having said this check out Manuel Lucchese and contact him after the Dakar - Manuel is on his second campaign and is perhaps one of the most resourceful guys around in terms of getting there on a budget, catch up on his blog and Facebook, he is one of the ADvrs when he has time.

There are also a few rumours knocking around over the location of the event in a few years, but I would suggest that as long as it remains on this planet then this is minor.

Good luck and keep at it here and you will get plenty of support along the way - Deadly99 is in your neck of the woods and may also be able to help - check out his book from last year - http://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php...d=71&Itemid=69

PS - there is a guy from Dubai, Sebastian Husseini #265 Quad, entering for the first year, a good friend of Sam Sunderland (an ADVassociate with his fan club of mxmum and myself) but unfortunatley he is out for this year, but that's another story.

Seb runs a small shop here in Dubai called Sebsports and I'm sure after the race is over if you contact him he will have plenty of info, maybe you are even passing through and could catch up with him?

Sam would be able to give you some guidance on fitness training - but you would need to be special forces material to take 50% of it on board and one of the key things for all is stay away from injury!

too old screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 10:22 PM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote