View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #99
mydlo
Yup.

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
They suggested adding spacers between the lens holder and the body of the projector to make the cutoff a little defocussed - it might be something you could experiment with if it still bothers you.
That is a good idea. While the sharp cutoff is nice because it throws the maximum amount of light without blinding anyone (unless you wheelie in front of oncoming traffic, then you can watch as the entire interior of the car lights up!), it would be nice to not see the sharp edge bouncing around. I'll play with it when I get it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
I was planning to add a remote level adjustment so that I could try to get the cutoff as far away from the bike as possible under all loading and suspension conditions to alleviate the bouncing edge. I know this doesn't help the dark dark areas while cornering, but I have driving lights to fill-in the shadows and hopefully this combo will work.
This would definitely help when first setting the bike up. I spent a lot of time hopping on and off the bike to get the level adjusted so I can see and not blind everyone in front of me. I still have to adjust my light when I'm loaded/unloaded because the bike pitches so much when weight is added.
2001 GasGas TXT280
mydlo is offline   Reply With Quote