View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
Right! That's exactly what I told the Napa Canada rep when he asked the question over the phone last week. He basically blew me off with "We don't have anything you're looking for. Sorry." Kind of rude and perfunctory, and not at all helpful.
Yes, Crappy Tire wasn't any help either, but that's expected from them.

The references to VW and Datsun models will really help me in the right direction. That's information I was missing. Thanks hugely. BTW, in reference to the Bosch unit -- would that be part number 301 600 118? I've seen many online vendors offering this headlight.

Although going with OEM parts is the best route, I want to keep the price point under $100 if possible; I've seen the recommended upgrade parts on Bench Mark Works approaching $200. That's a bit pricey for this build.
Typical present day parts punks....When I'm looking for a part that I know won't match their books, when asked "what's it for?" I say, "it doesn't matter"....that really gets them going. The typical parts guys these days only (somewhat) know "the book".....if it ain't in "the book" then it doesn't exist....,

Living proof you shouldn't play with matches
ABC# 1992
bmwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote