View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Stampede Swimmer
Cubdriver's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Oddometer: 716
I concur with RailroadBob. Except for the fact that he said you have to be an Approved Shipper. I am not one and had no trouble. You DO have to get a hazmat permit, which is $50 if I recall, and can be done at an office about 2 blocks away from the freight terminal. Easy. I dont recall the name of that place, but the freight people will tell you who it is. OR you can fill out some tedious paperwork yourself and avoid the $50 BUT the odds of screwing that up and delaying the shipment made the $50 look cheap.
09 R1200R, F800GS, KLX250, HD Softail..... OOPS not on this site

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote