View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #1857
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
A premium priced sport tourer with cheap Givi luggage. Hopefully they will rethink that if the bike ever goes into production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
a random example of bags made specifically for the bike that fit the lines and style better, the norge
the Norge bags were made to fit a whole line of Guzzis....I had those on my 1200 Sport, they'd fit my Stelvio with the stock mounts - and they're made by a company just like Givi...Nonfango. Those companies make bags for Ducati, Guzzi, Aprilia (Capo, Futura) etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
In addition I think they also fit other Guzzis as an accesory so even their economy of scale is in a different league.
Bespoke bags would probably have added thousands of dollars to the cost vs. hundreds for the Givi. Honda charges about $1000 for a set these days.
The bags for the Norge, when I ordered the color matched red for my 1200 Sport - were around $1,000 with mounting brackets.

For Motus to use Givi bags and have people think they cheaped out....is comical at best.

NO motorcycle manufacturer makes their own luggage - it's all farmed out to the companies like Givi, Nonfango, etc.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present

Blakebird screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 11:44 AM
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote