View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #77
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
You are right of course, but I ended up using a small trail stand purchased in the vendors section.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=trail+stand

It's small and fits in my tail bag along with spoons and pump. I have one for my WRR too. A little fiddly but works well enough on the trail or in my garage to change rubber. I'd prefer a real center stand, though.
I did kinda the same on my last ADV bike, a Wee-Strom with better suspension and tweaked to suit me better. I fabbed up a adjustable extra foot type device for the tyre changing purposes. It does work, and takes up little to no space in the toolbag. I used it when I did Mexico year before last and around here for multi day rides. Now that I have the 690R I stepped my game up and wanted the better parts, so I am paying more for sure, but I feel I am getting more. Nothing wrong either way a rider goes, I support both ways.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote