View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
martin.kryjom OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Honda XR 600 R For Heroes legent race REBULID

HI
Let me introduce myself. Im Martin, new member, old "watcher" of that ADV forum and im preparing my Old Honda 1990 fro race Heroses Legent ( Paris to Dakar legendary race )
Im doing my restauration for a year now, i started as a low budget project on september 2011 but very fas i have decided that i need a money to do it right, stay alive on the race. Race bike has to be in 100 % in perfect conditions otherwise whole work with be usless.
This is my bike after i have strip some parts.
Now after a year i have spare money and i have collected almost every parts that i needed including specially bulid engine by XR only ( im from Poland, Europe so u can imagine logistic problems to do it:)) )
About the engine it will be a separate discussion , just now some snake pics.
I have also bought most of litle parts like rubbers, ruber tubes, small metal parts brand new. It took some time but most of the bike will be new:))
I will need some help from U guys as there are some things that i still did not decide what to choose, and time is passing very fast...
This is picture made a year ago when i was stripping the bike.

Engine made by XR ONLY. Based on old HRC specifications- 628 big bore with 10:1 compression ratio ( they asked me for more like 12:1 but i need that engine to last a lit bit longer then one race:))

This is delivery time:)))
Is in cooling box so adventure already started:)

martin.kryjom screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 07:45 AM
martin.kryjom is offline   Reply With Quote