View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #14098
Dr E
Chasing after theory

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcountry04 View Post
Hey all Im looking at a used 89 Transalp locally, I go to see it on Friday. The owner says everything works, decent shape, 31,000 miles on the odometer. he's asking 2,200 OBO USD. Ive seen pics of it and it looks good, im just hesitant to know if parts are available in the US for decent prices. I had a bad experience with an NX250 a few years ago and how a few minor part that broke the bank. Any input would be great
Parts are still available and there are a number of dealers. I am currently doing a rebuild on my 89' I bought last year and the only parts I have had to purchase from overseas are carb diaphragms (UK and they were here in two weeks). Others will have their favorite parts houses, I have had wonderful success with Cheap Cycle Parts. Honda 1989 XL600V Transalp - OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

As for the price, that seems to be a good range as my bike was at 47K in miles and it was $2000.00. Keep us posted if you get this and if you want to educate yourself...take the time to read this thread as everything you need to know about this bike and repairs/updates/suspension upgrades...