View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #367
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
Thanks Mav and Gone,

I actually have a Darien suit now that I bought from one if the inmates years ago. The problem is is that it is way too big for me. The jacket is a 3XL and the pants are longs.

With the liner in the jacket is just too bulky. And because the pants are so long they drag and the knee armor is always in the wrong place.

The thing I do like about the Darien is the amount of ventilation it has with all the vents open. If I leave the sleeves open it is like having air conditioning when the bike is moving.

The storm cuffs (or gauntlets as we call them in the fire service) will eliminate this feature.
Ride to Tellico Plains. It's near the Tail of the Dragon, so, you know... you have another excuse to ride the Dragon. Mike at Tellico Moto usually has a very good selection of Klim jackets you can try on.

The Badlands has pretty good venting. I believe the vent scheme is actually similar to that of the Darien, and maybe derived from the Darien. Not sure. But it flows air very well. In 105* temps, it's going to roast you, but most jackets will.