View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #370
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
You make a really good point here. It seems like the Darien and Roadcrafter products have remained the same throughout the years. I honestly don't think I would have a problem with a Darien set that fit right but I like all of the updated features that the Badlands has to offer. Not to mention newer materials and armor.
If I remember correctly, the Klim Badlands also has "newer" Gore-tex than the Aerostich jackets. I know the d3o armor in the Badlands is superior to that found in the Darien / Roadcrafter.

I will say, though, that A LOT of guys swear by their Aerostich jackets and wouldn't change if you offered them the keys to the vault, so to speak. Their argument being: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And their jackets work, and work well.

That being said, I chose the Klim Badlands for the same two reasons you pointed out: newer materials and better armor. I also liked the aesthetics of it. Klim also seems serious about the Gore-tex "Guaranteed To Keep You Dry" lifetime warranty that was a big selling point for me.