View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #1616
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
My wife and I have rented from EagleRider a few times and they frequently show an "off" brand bike like a Honda ST1300, or Suzuki V-Strom in their fleet but they have always been "out" or "not available" every time we've rented so we've always had to pick a Harley to ride.
You know, when I booked a GS12 from E/Riders in LA, back in 2007 they didn't have it when I turned up. They wheeled out an RT instead. My words were exactly ; "I'm not riding that pile of shit".
Somewhat taken aback at what I'd said, they took me back into the office. I said the reason for wanting the GS was that I was going to be riding small rough roads. So they hunted around and found me a KTM950ADV in their Santa Monica depot. Asked me; "will that do"?
I scratched at my beard and replied ; "I suppose so".
Inside my head I was going WHOOOP WHOOOP! So fair play to them. At least they found me something similar.
The sad thing is that two days into my tour the KTM split its radiator so I had to take it back.........from Napa. When I got back to LA they'd just had a GS12 returned. "Do you want to take the BMW?" Do bears shit in the woods?