View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #376
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,241
Merry x-mas and a happy new year. And with these small happenings aside we can focus on the matters in life.
Dakar and AMA SX the 5 jan. YAY

Happy new year. From our street, it was a super windy evening.

With holidays in the books iŽve been able to agree with a KTM mechanic about a meeting. We will try look into these immobiliser woes. More about that in 24 hours. I collected some stuff and manuals for having answers to most of my problem. Box of luck...

Took some weight measures of the 2 pumps.

just so you know.

Made the seat lock work again. Will make some neat arrangement on it when Petes rear tanks gets to me.

Running with the lower front guard and the 320mm suspension have caused a problem. Not big but will need to address it because it hits the 48mm sealing lip and the alu is über soft.

I needed to get the Bazzaz speedo sensor and it worried me a bit to drill holes in the caliper mount. I did 2 small holes(3mm) and mountes the speedo sensor on that. Looks fairly ok, weŽll see in real life and muddy conditions.

All the ziptyes and black plastic tube looks stupid but the sensor cable is soft like butter. This was my best way(for now) to protect it against debris and such.

Some generel cable protection/clean up around the bike.

The original LC8 fan is mounted with some through-the-radiator cable ties. Very sturdy and easy to fix. Give me your thoughts on this. It is rock solid.

Will cut of the studs later.

Working on some new HID lights. IŽll try to make a better cut off with some integrated projectors. But the heating process was a bit tough on the light...

The yellow dusty something in the bottom is created from the 50HID. Not bye oven heat.

Ohh...and iŽm maybe picking up an Yamaha XT 250 tomorrow. It will be my daily driver and such. It just occured to me that J. Rambo in First blood made a get away on this type of bike. YEAH. I need a big knife and some long curly hair...safety 8th or something.

Exciting day tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
::cla p...