Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #629
rummyogray
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi Niznack,

I'm also on Oahu, but alas, I don't have a bike at the moment. As you've probably already realized, it's hard to go more than
a few miles without making a turn and your almost always in traffic. I would think the ride up to Tanalus and Roundtop would be nice or how about Kaneohe to the North shore. The ride out from the North Shore to Dillingham field and down through the old plantations from Haleiwa past Dole to Scofield, nice open space. Isn't there an offroad park and races at Kahuku. If you have some time, I was told by Young Brothers that you can ship a bike to the Big Island for $165 (?) each way and if you stay in Kailua Kona, the Islander Inn is $59 per night. Most of the guys that post here are on the Big Island and it seems they know how to have FUN. Just a few thoughts.

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niznack View Post
Aloha,

I've lived here on Oahu now 2 and a third years and think this has to be the worst of the Hawaiian Islands to ride. Someone please change my mind about that! What are the best rides here? I ride a Kawasaki 650 Versys so do mostly road rides, but can handle a bit of off-roading, nothing too gnarly tho. My favorite spot to ride is from Hanauma Bay to Makapu'u, but that's only about 3 miles or so. Itching for good rides, and no, I'm not military, tho I have friends in the military if that's what it takes to ride some of the best roads!

Shootz,

Niznack

P.S. Anyone down to ride wit me is welcome!