View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #136
leftystrat62 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
LDF & I are definitely coming from the latter perspective, but I totally get those for whom it's all about (and mostly only about) the riding. There's plenty of room for everyone out there (and here on ADV), though mixing the two mind-sets on a group trip might lead to misunderstandings, unrealistic expectations, and tears.
Amen to that Dave. I've had people go on some big trips I planned only to find out their idea of camping was really camping only if necessary,and eating at a restaurant when ever possible. Weekend ride with a mixed crowd-no big deal,but something like the TAT-you really need to be like minded.
That one person I shared that with for over 25 years was tragically killed in a tree cutting accident less than 2 mths ago. We had just come back from a 8 day trip on our road bikes to WV & OH. Sincerely the nicest person I've ever know. We camped out every night in 22F-24F weather,and never a complaint. Just happy to be laughing by our campfire drinking vodka & tang. Food didn't matter,bad weather wouldn't damper our spirits, he was a great friend,sad to think we'll never go riding again. On a positive note he was a great dad,always enjoyed life and lived it to the fullest, and I was blessed to have called him my friend. I know Joe had no regrets,and I'll be riding that TAT with a big smile every day thinking of him-cause I'm not going to have any regrets either.

leftystrat62 screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 03:57 PM
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote