View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #123
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Fot the moment there are no alternative (after market) options available for the white sock filter. I used the stock KTM filters (both sock and the roung paper filter) alongwith non-KTM fuel pump unit. Homemade filters using different filter material have also worked.
Thanks for the reply. I just finished swapping out the filters and o-rings, & went for a little 200mile ride. Shes running like a top again.

Re: the filters, they didn't really look that dirty, so no I'm thinking that the available surface area for the sock filter especially may be just too small? I'd bet a filter of similar width, but with added thickness and length would significantly improve filter longevity and performance. Looks like there is plenty of room for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer
So is anyone still interested in a EXTERNAL filter/ pump/ regulator setup for the 990 ADV/SD?

I'd also be interested in an external pump/filter system. Disassembly and reassembly of the internal unit was not rocket science, but it does take a while, expecially with crash bar removal, etc. I'd be nice to simply detach a few lines and go.
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote