View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #54
Steve canyon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandino View Post
Fantastic report mate!!, great pictures and stories. I am sure you enjoyed it a lot. Cheers

Hey Sandino thanks

I loves every minute of it and can't wait to get back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer boy View Post
Great report!! That runway next to Vang Vieng was a Lima site. The picture of that check point into Vietnam brought back memories. I was on a Minsk with a Vietnam plate, and crossed there into Vietnam from Laos a few years ago. Beautiful area on both sides of the border. I admire the pluck of those guys taking giant tour bikes down jungle trails. Bet there was more than a few falls..... :-)
I have a Qingqi 200 which is virtually the same bike as yours. Currently has 36,000 kilometers on it. Made possible by careful riding and synthetic oil.
As I am sure you are finding out, Chinese metallurgy still has a ways to advance.
Hi Beemer boy

Great views from that runway inVV and also the border into Vietnam

I agree that the boys have plenty of pluck and worked very hard for each other, it was great to be part of such an effort and they have no objection to long days with very little rest...... Many falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciii View Post
Funtastic story, poor peoples but I dont understand war and bombing on this wonderful peoples and countries! So much dies and dies today because idiots war and mines field. Peace on the world, we have just one life, is not better to all driving and explore this beauty world, its present of the God for us...I scare, maybe some people dont deserves this gift.... Realy life is adv and enjoy, joy divide with all people around world....good energu, not evil.
PS: some chinese bikes are very nice, Lifan is right choise for this trip, no big maxi enduro...
My plan is to go in Thailand, buy litlle enduro and go around Laos, Vietnam and so Thailand. Have e nice trip.
Thanks Sciii I'm glad your enjoying the ride....

The poor people's of Laos have had a rough deal over the years and still paying with their lives just to earn a crust, the war in Laos was hard to understand and still is but it remains a fact that UXO is all over the place just waiting to blow somebody up, not just in Laos.

Life is an ADV

Let me know when your about in Asia......

Steve canyon screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 11:44 PM Reason: Add pictures
Steve canyon is offline   Reply With Quote