Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #1007
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Pista:
I'm sure Adam will chime in, but here's one idiot's opinion in the mean time:

The battery may not last quite as long ... estimated at 10 vs. 12 hours, and it doesn't have the range of bracket/mounting options that the SMH10 has, but if the stock bracket works for you then ... my humble opinion would be YES ... go for the SMH5 as it is less expensive and connection of the device to the bracket is more robust.
The SMH5 also has BT V3.0 which is probably not a big deal vs. the V2.1 of the SMH10
Hi Pista:

Jim's spot on here. The design of the SMH5's mounting is improved over the SMH10, IMO. The SMH10 uses spring loaded pins on the back of the BT module, that mate with printed circuit contacts in the clamp. I would say this is the #1 issue that we see with the SMH10. The SMH10 is not alone, here. The Garmin Zumo's use a similar design between the GPS and the mount, and it's a common problem area on the Zumo's.

The SMH5, OTOH, has a plug/socket arrangement for the speakers and mic to plug right into the BT module. The clamp is strictly a mounting bracket.

Given what you are looking to do, and if you're on a budget, the SMH5 is a great value. We have both the single and dual packs in stock, as well as the various accessories.

Please call or email us if we can help.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote