View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #28
rjzinc OP
The World is My Home

Oddometer: 133
01042013 - Ciudad Victoria

Is Mexico Safe? Day 1 there were no problems. Crossed the border at the Veteran's Bridge in Brownsville and arrived in Ciudad Victoria (~190 miles) safely. I rode the 101 which is typically a 3 lane highway with 1.5 lanes each way which includes the road shoulder as a half lane. Vehicles travel on this shoulder lane which leaves the middle lane for passing. Can be interesting.

Crossing the border I took a sequence of photos which illustrate the process to enter Mexico with a vehicle with the intent of travelling the interior.

Approaching the Veteran's Bridge (pay toll $3 US)

Once on the Mexican side, can't miss the sign

Find a parking spot, I was able to keep an eye on my moto while inside the building, YMMV.

First go to Migracion window to have passport stamped and get tourist/passsport card. ($25.00 US)

Then to the Banjercito window for Temporary Vehicle Import Permit ($448.48, $400 of which is refundable providing vehicle exits Mexico within date stamp). Needed original and copies of Passport, Title, Registration and the Passport/Tourist card. Copies .50

The TVIP is 2 parts, 1 is a certificate and the other a sticker for the vehicle. I was asked at a checkpoint on the way to CD Victoria to produce the TVIP cert and also the tourist card and my passport. Sticker was on my windshield.

I took the turn to Ciudad Victoria.

Dogs are cool...

Note the Ruffles banner, they have the "Hey Rodgers' Discount Double Check"...

Secure parking at the Hotel de Escandon, CD Victoria. The overnight attendant is in the pickup (20 pesos tip)

TVIP sticker on the moto. Notice the windshield wiper on the pickup in the background.

rjzinc screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 07:12 AM
rjzinc is offline   Reply With Quote