View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
longtallsally OP
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 3,982
Wilbers, Ohlins, or now Touratech?

I've been lamenting the shocks in my '07 GSA for a long time and although not blown, definitely tired.

I have some serious action on someone buying my track bike, so I can now be serious. I searched a good bit here and found good info (that I more or less knew) on Wilbers and Ohlins, but nothing on the new TT stuff.

When we lived in Germany, I was invited to come to the Wilbers factory and have a set made for the bike. I didn't want to spend the money and frankly lost all interest in riding there, so I never got around to it. Now that we are back, I'd have Dan Kyle (Kyle Racing) build a set of Ohlins for me as he is a god (built the forks for my track bike).

However, I recently found these: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...MW-Motorcycles on expedition portal of all places.

Anyway, I wouldn't be looking at the crazy high end one in the rear, but the middle of the road one. Coupled with the front shock, it would actually (and kinda amazingly) be cheaper than a set of Ohlins to be built.

I'm 6'7" 230lbs and do beat the bike pretty good. I'm not as concerned with the valving as I am the spring (thus why I don't think I need high and low speed adjustments to the damping rate).

Any thoughts?