View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #145
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
I am moving forward with the CJ Bike Camping Tech Session at the Steamboat Campground. Just got off the phone with Amber. She is looking into a few questions I had and will get back on Monday once she talks with the owner.

http://www.steamboatcampground.com/features.html

Looks like they have a nice setup and it will be a friendly, safe, secure place as a base camp to drop gear and socialize for the Campers among the KTM Rally attendees.

So here's the plan so far.

CJ Ride crew has booked Camp spots 112-112a for the 10-14th. We will shoot to get there on the 10 in the afternoon. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to ask and gain as much info as possible.

Plus we may need a relax/drinking/celebration day after being on the bikes for 11 days and 2,000+ miles leading up the event.

Times and events are NOT set in stone and may change as needed, so best plan is to hang out for all of it. If we can't fit it in on the first day, we'll move it to the second.
This years event is geared towards Bike setup and Gear Tech for Off road travel/touring. Unlike our last events that are more Mechanical TECH related.

Sept 11 - WED

Start Time: morning 8-9am

Suspension Bike setup talk for the Adventure Rider.

Starring James Siddall and crew from Super Plush Suspension.

James will give you an overview of how suspension functions, with a focus on Adventure bikes, and how best to optimize for riding with and without heavy loads. Breaking it down to layman's terms, James will help you understand how to develop your suspension to suit your needs.

Q&A session with Super Plush Suspensions

Lunch: noonish - Not sure if we'll get food to camp or go to town. - input needed.

Bike Packing
-gear
-how much and what

Camping Equipment Review
-tent
-bag
-pad

Cooking Demo
-supplies
-meals - Samples??? (bring your own dishes or cup)

Dinner

Q&A Session with CJ Crew

????

Sept 12

Basic Bike prep for trips

Q&A Session with CJ Crew

-Demos and what we can do is still in question mode.

Remember we are riding to this event. I won't have a truck and trailer with supplies or spares like I do at home in the shop. This may limit the type of work and projects I would safely want to take on at a campground.

Personally, I don't recommend doing a Valve check at the campsite.
(I'll get into more TECH stuff later)

We can drop ship parts and supplies we need directly to the campground.

This is a relaxed learning environment, I'm not a school. Take it or leave it. Pretty much our normal deal at the CJ tech weekends.

Bikes need to be ready to go riding on the 13th.

There is a shuttle every 20 min to town to get food and drink.

Alcohol allowed at campground.

If you are interested in staying here, it might be best to get a spot booked asap. Most likely the River will be dry, keep that in mind.

The Bermed area - Private is a potential TECH Work area that is being looked into.

Some info on the grounds:
Coin Op laundry (7am - 10pm) 4 washers and 6 driers
Pavilion easily accommodates 50 people (reservation is required/cost $35 per day). Includes use of propane grill.
Free shuttle from campground to town (every 20 minutes from 6:45am to 11:45pm)
Heated pool (11am - 8pm)
Mini Golf (8am - 8pm)
Volleyball and horseshoes over in the tent area
Mini Market on site
Gift shop on site
Free WiFi
2-3 tents per site

Check in time is 1pm and check out is at noon.
Cabin prices range from $59 per night to $109 per night. I'm sorry, but I am not able to include cabins in the group discount.
For more information regarding renting the cabins, please call campground.

4 - 6pm M-F (Mountain Time), but leave a message, She will return phone calls asap. Also feel free to email.

At this time All meals and Camp site reservations are your responsibility.

If someone wants to look into having food for the group at the Campground, please post up your interest in taking this over, your ideas or email me. We can sort that out later.

Here are some pics that I got from the summer.

Thoughts????

Book your spots now!

cjracer screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 10:09 AM
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote