View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I've never owned either bike, and never ridden the F650, but if you scroll down to "Road Warriors" and find the thread...aww heck. here it is http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851287 "the most boring bike you've ever ridden" Suzuki DL (both 1000 and 650) top the list. Reliable? Absolutely! Fun? Well...it is a motorcycle, but there's a lot more to riding than infrequent valve service, and you have to take the Strom in half to adjust the valves.

Compared to the F650 ( I HAVE sat on one, just not ridden one) the DL is top heavy. A 5 mile test ride on the WeeStrom was enough for me
I've owned both. Admitted one of the very old F650's.

The F had a better turning circle, slightly better ground clearance and far more 'character' than the DL. The DL wins everywhere else I can think of.

I currently own a DL and ride about twice the k's/year I did on the F. A lot of little reasons for that, but overall, the DL just works out easier to cover long distances on than the F.

If you want the BMW though, buy it, motorcycles aren't about head, it's about heart.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote